Our client is an established beauty and personal care company headquartered in the Los Angeles area. And this Director of Branding & Marketing role is for a makeup and skincare brand specialized in ethnic skin colors.
The Director of Branding & Marketing will be responsible for leading and directing the Brand in Marketing or service activities among customers and prospects. This individual must understand the Brand and the retail space, whereby utilizing this knowledge to manage and direct Marketing staff and external representatives, collaborating with Sales teams to support existing or potential retail customers. The Director of Branding & Marketing will lead in ensuring a consistent message and brand voice is carried out across all communication platforms to secure a strong brand presence in a highly competitive marketplace. The Director of Branding & Marketing will support the Vice President of Marketing in a fast-paced, hands-on, growing cosmetic company with an indisputable reputation and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Responsible for the growth and development of the Brand in all channels of trade. Measurements of success found in sales growth, share gain, and distribution expansion.
- Responsible for developing and implementing strategic retail plans to achieve the goals and objectives of the organization for the brand.
- Will jointly develop and manage the marketing plan communication with the Vice President. Drive quarterly and annual plans; this include sales, margins, products, promotional and advertising material, and communications.
- Manage Marketing team in the development and implementation of business/brand strategies for product introductions, promotions, communications, forecasting and inventory management of brand portfolio to achieve sales and market share targets.
- Identify new opportunities for brand growth through the identification of retail knowledge and how to Market new products, promotions, line extensions, advertising and promotional plans.
- Work with customers, sales, and trade marketing to develop strategic business plan by account for the brand.
- Drive Creative to ensure implementation is aligned with strategic objectives, campaign estimates are reasonable, strategies are executed into creative, effective, and productive promotions.
- Guide Creative for the visual expression in brochures, internet, and all marketing collateral.
- Develop Retailer campaigns to optimize product flow and mix, price and promotion by working with trade marketing.
- Through analysis of categories and identification of requirements based on competitive landscape; will work with Sales and will decide specific retailer campaigns to drive sales.
- Will be responsible for planning and executing incentives, and will participate in Campaign review.
- Leads new projects for the team as needed to address issues/new business opportunities (COG savings, global pricing, sales opportunities).
- Work closely with Merchandising group and Trade marketing for planogram assortments to best leverage the brand, through analysis of POGs, categories, and identifying opportunities based on competitive landscape.
- Identify and implement business initiatives to accomplish brand goals across all product categories.
- Work with Finance to develop and manage brand P&L.
- Manage marketing budget.
- Demonstrate leadership in engaging and working with internal and external resources.
- Responsible for managing Marketing Staff within their category.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or related field.
- Minimum 6 years of work experience.
- FDM Color Cosmetic experience a MUST.
- Excellent Leadership Skills – Maintains marketing staff by developing, fostering, recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Detail-Oriented – Takes pride and initiative in one’s work. Is well-organized, meticulous, and takes ownership of projects. Precise and demanding in flawless execution.
- Passion – To be the brand champion, own the brand, and instill that passion in others.
- Speed – Act with speed and confidence in a passionate, fast moving group that delivers real innovation for customers.
- Strong leadership in establishing work priorities for multiple projects, accepting responsibility, developing confidence & respect, and shifting priorities to accommodate change.
- Good at prioritizing workload.
- A proven ability to foster innovation.
- Creative problem solving by developing data analysis, demonstrating strong financial acumen, identify trends and suggesting result-oriented action plans.
- A thorough understanding of interactive communications and can build and foster trust across functional groups.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel/Power Point/Word.
- Previous appreciated experience: L’Oreal, Lancome, Coty, BPI, Beaute Prestige International, LVMH, Parfums Christian Dior, InterParfums, Clarins, Estee Lauder, Clinique, Puig
- Previous appreciated title: Marketing, Marketing Director, Director of Branding, AVP of Marketing